A place for my creative thoughts and experiences

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mahab Temple Pillar Pt.1

Found some amazing references from temples all across India that are carved out of the side of mountains and cliffs. Lots of intricate designs that will be a good challenge to try and replicate it. The prop I'm starting out with is a pillar that is found at the entrance to one of the temples. I already got a good start on the project... gathering references, modeling the base mesh, getting familiar with Headus for UV mapping, and sculpting the base for the pillar.

The current count for the base is 1.55 million polys, I will begin baking the normal map from the hi-poly mesh when I complete the rest of it. Next I will be working on the mid section then the Pillar Top. It really is a great feeling when you see things starting to come together.

Mahab Temple Pillar: Base (WIP)
1.55 Million Polys
3DS Max/Headus/Mudbox 























+ 10 Headus
- 4 Sleep 
+ 120 Exp
 

No comments: